single swift box
- Swifts used to nest under the eaves of our buildings and as clean and quiet birds lived quite happily alongside us, but increasingly their nesting sites have been threatened in our cities. We have been sealing up our buildings which can mean, as migrants, that when they arrive in the summer from Africa they find themselves homeless.
The habi-sabi single swift box is a flat pack nesting aide that will allow you to help new generations of swifts have a home during the only period in their lives that they are not on their wings. Our swift box is s made of an innovative lightweight material that won’t rot, expand or warp. It is recycled, non toxic and completely safe for birds and humans and it has excellent insulation properties to keep the fledglings at good temperatures.
Swifts will happily nest in urban environments as they can fly far to find food and drink raindrops while flying. Installing swift calls helps to attract pairs searching for nest places to see if there might be a vacant place. These are available via Swift Conservation
- As well as being constructed from an innovative and sustainable material, this unique swift box is:
- Rapidly deployable – can be built in 8 minutes with no nails or screws
- Hand assembled - no tools needed - just a little sandpaper
- Lightweight & designed to be hung from an exterior wall
- 41cm long x 25cm wide x 25cm deep
- Nesting chamber 9 - 14cm high x 32cm wide x 14cm deep
- Weighs 3 kg
- Fully compliant with RSPB guidelines
- The new single swift box is available. We offer 2-5 days shipping in the UK. Orders placed after midday will be processed the next day. Please note we don't deliver on weekends. We ship worldwide, please select your country on check out to find out shipping costs.
- For wholesale prices please contact us at email@example.com.