habi-sabi boxes are made with Phonotherm 200, a material recycled from the car and refrigerator industries that is moisture resistant and has excellent heat insulating properties. Phonotherm 200 is commonly used in energy efficient construction and in components for industrial applications.
- Low environmental footprint
- Moisture resistant
- Good insulation properties
- Easy to process
- Cradle-to-Grave carbon footprint: 4 kg CO₂ eq. per m² (in 10 mm)
- Suitable as component in constructions
- 100% recycled
- 100% recyclable
- Resistant to aging and rot
- Temperature resistant
- Biologically and ecologically risk free, mold and rot resistant
The waste from production can be recycled 100%. Phonotherm 200 is a polyurethane foam free of FCKW, HFCKW and formaldehyde. It does not give off any physiological relevant amounts of chemical substances. Dust caused by processing (sawing, sanding, milling), is physiologically harmless and does not display any fibrous elements.